Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dropbox

Dropbox is a place for storing all of your documents, photos, and videos so that you can access them on all of the devices you use, including computers, iPads, iPods, and smartphones.  Because Dropbox is a web based application, you can even access your files from any computer with an Internet connection. 

You can also use the DropitTOMe site to create an upload address that is password protected where anyone can send files to your Dropbox account instead of cluttering your email inbox.   

For this week's assignment:
  1. Create a Dropbox account and download Dropbox to your desktop.
  2. Upload a file. 
  3. Borrow an iPod or iPad and access your file using the Dropbox app.
  4. Post a comment below with your thoughts about Dropbox.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like DropBox. I have a hard time keeping files together between my home computer, my files on computers at work and on my flashdrive. This is allowing me to have 1 universal place to store EVERYTHING where I can access it from anywhere. Sometimes there are times I want the Pre-K kids to use the ipad to do a worksheet instead of running 36 copies. This will be great for that!

I will have everything backed up on a flashdrive too though!

Mrs. Whitt said...

I had a dropbox account, but have now linked it to my laptop and iPhone. I also tested dropitto.me with my own dropbox and Elizabeth's (thanks, Elizabeth!). That's really handy for using with students.

Mrs. Underwood said...

I have my dropbox ready to go! Now just to fill it up, I hope this will help me to be more organized!

Campbell's Soup Kids said...

Created Dropbox, with the help of our wonderful Mrs. Whitt!

Mrs. Willett said...

I just created a Dropbox account, saved a document, and uploaded the application to my Iphone! How cool is this! Thanks for sharing!

Laura Faulk said...

I created a Dropbox account and tested it with the IPAD!

Mrs. Kilpatrick said...

I have created a Dropbox account and have the shortcut to it on my home coputer, school computer, and school laptop. I added the document that I had created about our hallway murals that are to be painted. Thanks for all of your help, Holly.

Mrs. Satterfield said...

I created my Dropbox Folder and added my newsletter to a folder.

Mrs. Holder said...

I just created a Dropbox folder.

Barbara said...

I set up a Dropbox account and downloaded a document to my Dropbox folder as a PDF and Word file. I hope this will help me manage files from computer to iPad and have them more easily available when not at school.

Mrs. Holder said...

test

Mrs. Holder said...

I have a created a google docs. account. Thank you Mrs. Whitt and Mrs. Campbell for your help.

WGS 3rd Grade Math Teacher said...

Mrs. Campbell walked me through creating a Dropbox account today. Now I can receive my IPAD - YEA!

Mrs. Duke said...

Thank you Lisa for helping me put Newsletter 1 in my Dropbox.

Post a Comment